When it comes to kids, safety is one’s principal priority. We at Hello English understand your concern as a parent and therefore feel proud to announce that we have earned the kidSAFE seal. kidSAFE is an independent safety certification service and we are now part of its directory with selected and well-known names like Cartoon Network, Discovery Kids, Lingo Kids, Hello Barbie and more. This seal is an applause to the efforts put in Hello English Kids to make it a safe, fun and age-appropriate learning platform for kids.
What is the kidSAFE Seal program?
The kidSAFE Seal Program is a seal-of-approval program designed exclusively for children-friendly websites and technologies, including online game sites, educational services, virtual worlds, social networks, mobile apps, tablet devices, connected toys, and other similar online and interactive services.
Its founder, Shai Samet, is a long-term and award-winning children privacy expert who himself is a father to 5 tech-playful children. The requirements that one has to meet in order to get this seal have been set up by Shai under the sincere guidance of notable experts like Marian Meritt, Former Director, Internet Safety Advocate for Norton/Symantec, Anne Collier, Co-author of several top-selling Internet safety guides and others.
Why should parents trust the products with this seal?
You will agree that technology, evolving at a lightning speed is opening up various interactive avenues for kids, sometimes barging in on their privacy and often overlooking their safety. Features like unmitigated endless auto-playing expose kids to videos that are not appropriate and preach concepts that are rather unwanted. There have been multiple reports where popular video platforms have been accused of having disturbing content. That’s not it; a study conducted on child-directed Android apps from Google Play Store found over half the Apps break US privacy law for under 13 kids.
Therefore, the question: What should then parents trust?
It is not kosher to compromise at safety and privacy while a kid engages into interactive-tech learning. Something that has been tested thoroughly and meets a set safe benchmark. Kidsafe is once such benchmark.
“I wanted to create a safer internet and digital ecosystem for children around the world. I had already been in the seal business for many years and felt there wasn’t a universally recognized symbol that parents could trust. So, I created kidSAFE, a seal that symbolises safety and privacy for children, students, and families.”
– Shai Damet (Founder, kidSAFE)
What does being listed in kidSAFE directory mean for Hello English Kids?
- Age-appropriate content: Educational content with subtle graphics and colours, soothing music and activities and conceptual activities that boost creativity and language development
- No random advertisements: Completely ad-free experience for kids so that they can enjoy learning while playing without any outside disturbance from any commercial player
- Parental controls: Timers that allow you to limit your kid’s screen time so that your kid’s screen exposure isn’t completely blocked but well checked.
- Interactive features, not just passive videos: No flashy loud videos or rhymes, interactive activities that stimulate various skills and allow the user to interact in order to progress in each activity
- Secured information: All the information like the kid’s name and age are kept confidential and only used to recommend the starting level in learning the English language
Because we all care as much as you…
We want you to feel 100% confident as you help your kid take his/her first step to a bright future with Hello English Kids.